Saturday, December 26, 2009

I'm dreaming of a White Christmas...

Wednesday night Sarah, Steph and I got together to go look at the Christmas lights. We didn't really find any but it was fun driving around listening to carols anyway. Before we did this though, we parked at the River and gave each other our Christmas gifts. Each of us recieved a shutterfly scrapbook created by the other two. They were also our going away presents to each other so it was very lovely and I love mine!

Thursday, Christmas Eve in New York, I worked during the day until about 5pm when my family left to church. I used this time to call Kristy and Brock for some Christmas wishes (Krystle & Renee, no answer, how rude) before having a skype date with my family (where it was already Christmas morning) at 7pm my time. By this time my host family was downstairs running around and screaming as they were preparing for a Christmas Eve party.I talked to Mum, Dad, Jas and Jessica for a bit and opened my lovely presents from them - bracelets, underwear and a 2010 diary. Then I went downstairs to join the party. It was lovely with all my host mom's friends there who I have known throughout the year from summer lake houses, playdates or dinners. We drunk alot, and ate a buffet style Christmas dinner with ham, hot vegies, pasta and the works. Then we had a sea of desserts to see us into midnight, sitting by the roaring fire, with the snow on the ground outside. Very lovely, very Christmassy (but not the same without my family there).

Friday, Christmas morning, my host family and I sat around the Christmas tree and opened Santa's presents. The kids loved the gifts I got them, and Eileen especially loved the scrapbook that I made the family. I was very lucky and recieved one of my host dad's photographs of New York and from my host mom I recieved a beautiful picture book about New York, a lovely hand painted Christmas ornament, a mini travel book about Disneyworld, some 2009 mint coins and some stocking goodies. Then spent the morning playing with the kids and them with their toys before we had a lovely breakfast together at around 11. Then at 2 the family headed off to Long Island to see their family. So I stayed chilling around the house with the place to myself!! It was lovely I just watched some movies and lay in bed. Then at around 7pm Sarah and Steph came over and we chilled out till 11pm. Overall it was a good Christmas, but I definitly missed by family so much on this day! Not long till I see them though!

No comments:

Post a Comment